Research Scientist - Islamic Banking and Finance (CEIF) - RI. Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying to the opening. To apply to the position, please click the Apply to this Job link/button.
Job Location: Dhahran – Saudi Arabia- Job opening | Islamic Banking and Finance (CEIF) Research Scientist at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM)
The applicant with solid knowledge in finance and economics are welcome. However, extra weight shall be given to those who have experience in the following areas:
1. Financial Institutions
2. Contract theory and security design
3. Fixed income securities
4. Banking and financial institutions
5. Monetary economics
6. Risk management
7. Law and economics
The applicant is expected to engage in high quality of research work, to be effective researcher in team-based projects and effective lecturer and presenter. The applicant is expected to have an interest to pursue research in theory and application of Islamic finance and economics.
Compensation & Benefits:
Two year, renewable contract. The competitive, tax-free salary will be based on qualifications and experience. All KFUPM faculty are offered free, furnished, air-conditioned on-campus housing units, with free essential utilities and maintenance. This appointment includes the following benefits, according to the University’s policy: air ticket/s to Dammam, upon appointment; annual repatriation air ticket/s for up to four persons; a contribution toward local tuition fees for school-age dependent children; local transportation allowance; 45 days of paid summer leave, in addition to mid-semester breaks; free health care at KFUPM Clinic; and, end-of-service gratuity after two (2) years of continuous service. The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities, including a medical and dental clinic, a health club with a swimming pool, an extensive library, computing, research and teaching laboratory facilities, a recreation center and a private beach.
• Applicant must have a Ph.D. degree (or near completion) in the relevant field from an internationally recognized university with a strong academic background.
• Successful applicant should be able to demonstrate potential in designing and engaging in research projects and have the ability to produce and publish high quality research. Selection will be based on potential for publications in reputable journals.
• For the Associate and Full Professor ranks, a proven track record of publications in reputable journals is further required.
• Applicants with solid knowledge in running quantitative and econometric analysis are highly favored.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must be fluent in English as it is the medium of instruction in the University.
Director of Faculty Affairs
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
KFUPM Box 5005, Dhahran 31261
Telephone: +966 13 860-3257
Fax: +966 13 860-2442
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- All Official Transcripts (BS, MS, Ph.D.) combined in one file
- All Degrees and Certifications (BS, MS, Ph.D.) combined in one file
- Abstract of the Dissertation
- Scanned copy of Passport
- Applicant Photo
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- List of Publications
- Other Document
Check out official page for announcement: